About the job:
MINDTHEGAP is seeking a Product Designer with a passion for finding solutions that allow customers to intuitively use our products. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer.
You will work with other designers and cross-functional team members and turn your insights into delightful products in a creative environment that requires proven leadership skills and the ability to execute a creative vision.
The main task of a product designer is to take into account both users' needs and MINDTHEGAP’s business objectives and find a creative solution to bring value to the customer and company.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant 3+ years of relevant work experience as a designer is preferred, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Art & Design/Product Design/Interior design/Architecture
- Experienced in using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe MAX, Corel Draw and other 3D rendering software
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, preferably with interior design products
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wire framing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Excellent attention to details
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Passion for design; always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
- Provide assistance to production when needed
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques
- Set design requirements (design brief) based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best product
- Design products and features end-to-end. From brainstorming and ideation to final product and testing.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions by participating in international trade events and fairs
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication
- Participate in various stages of the production process in the factory
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary package
- Quarterly performance bonus
- Daily meal vouchers
- Regular parties and team building activities
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea, and coffee in the office
- Modern office space in Cluj-Napoca
- Young and hip team
- Complimentary MINDTHEGAP products
- Possibility to participate in various training programs and conferences
- Transport to the office on workdays & movie expenses covered by the employer
MINDTHEGAP is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, or pregnancy.
You can check our work on our website: https://mindtheg.com/